- If HVWC needs to cancel a class, participants have the option of receiving a 100% refund of tuition, or a credit, or reassignment of registration to another class or program.
- If HVWC needs to cancel an individual class session, a make-up session will be scheduled. Every effort is made to schedule these sessions immediately after the end of the scheduled term on the same day and time. If a student is unable to attend the make-up class, a credit for the missed session can be issued. Requests for credit must be made to the office in person, by phone, or by email at least one business day prior to the make-up session.
As a general rule, if bad weather causes the Tarrytown schools to close, HVWC will also be closed. Please check the website or call the office (914-332-5953) after 8 a.m. in the day of your class to find out if the Center is open. If the need to close arises after we have opened for business, we will contact students via phone and email.
Student Payments & Withdrawals/Refund Policy
- All classes must be paid in full by the first day of class.
- Official notification of a student’s need to withdraw from a class and all requests for refunds or credits must be made to the HVWC office. Official notification may be made in person, by phone, or by email.
- Telling the instructor or failure to attend classes does not constitute official withdrawal. Failure to attend classes is not a basis for refunds; in some circumstances, and at the discretion of HVWC, a credit may be issued.
- A 100% tuition refund or credit will be issued when a student withdraws (via email) from a class no less than five business days (Monday-Friday excluding major holidays) before the first day of class. If there is a medical emergency after the five day cut-off, a 100 % refund or credit will be issued with a doctor's letter to the HVWC office.
- If a student withdraws after the first class, a 75% refund or credit will be issued. Official notification must be made at least 48 hours (Monday-Friday excluding major holidays) before the second class.
- No refunds or credits will be issued after the second class.
Refunds and Credits
No refunds or credits will be made except as described here. Credits are valid for one year from date of issue and cannot be extended or changed into refunds.
Pro-rating of a course is not allowed. Exceptions may be made through written request to the HVWC office during the Summer Session only (June, July, August) on a case-by-case basis.
Adults age 18 and up are eligible to enroll in Workshops and intensives.
Code of Conduct
- HVWC strives for an atmosphere of mutual trust and respect.
- HVWC does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, religion, disability, socioeconomic status, national or ethnic origin, sexual orientation, age, or marital status.
- HVWC reserves the right to remove any student at our discretion. If a problem arises, students should alert the instructor. If the problem cannot be resolved in the classroom, instructors should alert the staff. All reports are kept confidential.