Covid-19 Policies and Entry Requirements for In-Person Events at HVWC
We are excited to welcome our community of writers and readers back for select in-person programming at the historic Philipse Manor train station in Sleepy Hollow, NY.
Our highest priority remains fostering a safe environment for gathering together while also providing access to the literary arts for all of our community members. In light of the new COVID-19 guidance from New York State and the CDC, in-person programs at HVWC will be for vaccinated community members only.
We will continue to offer virtual programming and hybrid offerings for those unable to attend in person.
In-Person Event Policies
What We Provide Our Community:
- Upgraded HVAC air filtration and scrubber system (as of July 2021) to improve air quality, safety, and circulation
- Clear protocols and processes for providing proof of vaccination
- Hand sanitizer and regular building cleanings
- Alternative ways to participate in programming, including virtual and/or hybrid offerings of our workshops, readings, and events
What You Provide as a Community Member:
- Proof of full Covid-19 vaccination (full vaccination begins two weeks after your second dose of either the Pfizer or Moderna vaccine or two weeks after your single dose of J&J)
- A valid personal ID (may be requested)
- A facemask when social distancing is not possible indoors (HVWC will have masks available)
- Commitment to the health and safety of your fellow community members by participating virtually when you feel unwell
Anyone unable to show proof of full vaccination upon entering will not be admitted to the in-person event and a full refund will be issued.
Please note that these policies are subject to change as CDC and New York State recommendations evolve.