A unique, beautiful and historic venue for your next event
The turn-of-the-20th-Century Philipse Manor Station building, home of the Hudson Valley Writers Center since the 1990s, is available for your next meeting, birthday party, bar/bat mitzvah, wedding, private reading, presentation, reunion, or any other event you are hosting!
Lovingly restored, this building (listed on the National and State register of historic places) features dark, chestnut wood-paneling and hardwood floors, a rustic stone fireplace, large porch with gorgeous views of the Hudson River, and plenty of train station parking. In 2005, the Center received the Excellence in Historic Preservation Award from the Preservation League of New York State.
Located on a quiet street, you and your guests can relax on the porch and watch boats dock and trains pass.
With air conditioning, internet access, a lectern, microphone, folding tables, and dozens of chairs available, we can help make your next event one to remember.
The Hudson Valley Writers Center is a special space. We encourage you to make an appointment to view the facility when considering your event.
Rental rates for the Hudson Valley Writers Center:
- $150/per hour, regular rate
- $100/per hour, member rate
- $50/per hour, nonprofit rate
*Timing includes any hours you need to set up and clean up. The timing is rounded to the nearest hour.
Our legal limit is 75 persons. However, for comfort we might recommend about 50. If the weather is nice, you can expand your space with use of our balcony (which is mostly covered) and, people have erected rental tents in the front parking spaces that belong to us adjacent to our building. So you can expand your space by using our exterior spaces, but keep in mind the room itself is cozy.
We offer you:
- Use of our Great Room, two bathrooms, a front porch, our adjacent parking spaces (can be used for other things besides parking), and a back balcony overlooking train/river.
- We have a small kitchenette equipped with small microwave, small fridge/freezer, sink, and counter. Groups often use this for a food staging area.
- Folding tables: we have four eight-foot rectangular tables. Chairs: we have over 50 folding and non-folding chairs. We also have other wooden tables around the room. You can rearrange the furniture and decorate as you wish, but within reason.
- There is a lectern available.
- We have a stash of ceramic plates, small plates, small bowls, and mason jars for vases.
- The space is on one level and is wheelchair accessible. There are no stairs; there’s a slight ramp in front off the parking lot.
- We can offer recommendations of caterers who know the space and we’ve had good experiences with. We live here and can recommend other vendors and ideas you may want as well; just ask.
You are responsible for set up and clean up of the facility and may have to buy nominal additional insurance depending on event type.
How can I find out more?
Fill out this form and we’ll be in touch right away.